Last modified on February 3, 2014.
If you send us an email we may retain said email and your email address.
Information Gathered from Facebook
When you access the Service we receive and store the following information from Facebook: Your user ID, profile name, gender, email address, hometown, date of birth, employment history, Facebook likes and Facebook friends.
As most sites do, our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Service including: page requests, actions, use time, platform type, operating system and browser information. This information may only be stored in an aggregated or statistical form and in no way can be attributed to a specific user.
What are Cookies?
In general, cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. The cookies are sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or are sent to another website that recognises the cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
When you visit our site, two types of cookies may be set on your computer. The cookies set by us are called First Party Cookies. Third Party Cookies are the cookies set by someone else, such as service providers who help us operate and improve our site.
First Party Cookies
Our cookies are limited to authentication and basic service provision purposes:
- Cookies required to enable your access to the Service and to provide you with the services or content you have requested. These cookies expire at the end of each browsing session.
- Cookies used to identify whether you are a registered user returning to the site. These cookies generally expire within two weeks.
Our cookies contain an alphanumeric string allowing us to identify your device which does not contain any personally identifying information about you.
By using our site, you agree to let us place these cookies on your computer.
Third Party Cookies
In addition to these first party cookies, you may also encounter cookies set by third parties for various purposes such as those specified below. Because we frequently update our site, add/ remove site features and change service providers on a regular basis, the identity of the third party serving cookies may change from time to time. We expect, however, that the following categories of third party cookies will typically be set by third parties when you use our site, depending on how you interact with our site:
- Social Networking Platform Cookies: Cookies set by social networking platforms to enable social media logins or to facilitate the sharing and liking of site content on social networks;
- Analytics and Performance Cookies: Cookies used to help us analyse how people interact with our site so we can improve the site layout and features for users, to improve performance of the site, and to help us with site maintenance;
- Content Recommendation Cookies: Cookies set by service providers who recommend additional content to you while browsing our site
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies: Cookies used to target and deliver advertisements and to measure the effectiveness of advertising on the site.
These cookies will expire when set by the respective third party service provider.
By using our site, you agree to let third parties place cookies on your computer for one or more of the reasons specified above.
Google Analytics and Display Advertising
We are currently using Google Analytics on our site and have implemented the following Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising:
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration
- We, together with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick Cookie) to report how our ad impressions, use of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- We use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data with Google Analytics to better understand the demographics of users on our site. This allows us to provide more relevant and interesting content to users.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google’s Display Network ads by using Google’s Ads Settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads). Google also offers additional tools which you can use to manage opt-outs for Google Analytics (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
Global Opt-out Initiatives
You can also learn more about third party cookies and opt out of many different types of third party cookies by visiting the following sites:
Network Advertising Initiative
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Information Disclosure and Use
We may use the information we gather and store as described in this Policy solely, or disclose it to third parties solely to provide, maintain and improve the Service, its quality and design, including without limitation to saving you the trouble of re-entering data and queries, personalising and customising the Service, and generating statistics regarding the Service.
We may, by ourselves or through a third party, send you social network or e-mail messages for non-marketing, administrative or customer services purposes. You can control receipt of certain messages through your settings page in the Service.
No Obligation to Store Information
Nothing in this Policy is interpreted as an obligation to store information, and we may, at our own discretion, delete or avoid from recording and storing any and all information.
You shall have no claim against us for deleting information, avoiding from retrieving and storing or not complying with any information request, including court orders and warrant by authorised entities, because the requested information was deleted or not stored by us and is unavailable to us.
We may store information in locations outside our direct control.
Non-Restricted Information Disclosure
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein, we may:
- Disclose non personally identifiable information to third parties who have an interest in the Service, its functionality and its usage patterns;
- Disclose information to third parties as part of a specific program to which you will have the ability to opt-in;
- Disclose any information if we are required to do so by law or to aid a law enforcement agency in the prevention of a crime;
- Disclose any information in good faith and to the minimum extent required in legal proceedings to which we are a party, including without limitation, proceedings initiated by us;
- Disclose any information in good faith and to the minimum extent required to third parties who are requested by us to investigate allegations made against us, to protect the data security, integrity and/or operability of the Service or to protect our rights.
Removal and Correcting Information
If you have any privacy concerns or issues or want us to delete or change information regarding you in the Service, our data storage and other users' smartphones, please email email@example.com
Information Warranty Disclaimer
Notwithstanding anything else in this Policy, we are not responsible for the accuracy, correctness and security of any of the information we gather, store and disclose to you or to anyone else.
Third Party Advertisements
We use advertisements to fund the Service, which are placed, served, managed, operated and distributed by third parties (specialised ad industry companies) within the Service.
Aside from non-identifiable information given to them, these third party companies use designated technologies (NOT including cookies) which are not under our control or knowledge, in order to measure, improve and personalise their ad activity and effectiveness.
We place great emphasis on the security and integrity of your information and the data stored in our systems.
The Service is provided under the best commercially reasonable data security practices in order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or deletion of any and all information stored in our systems.
You acknowledge, however, that no such effort can completely guarantee the security of the stored data, that breaches of security are still a possibility both regarding our systems and that a data security breach resulting in unauthorised access to your information can occur in third party systems (for example, ISP's and hosting services providers).
As a result, we do NOT warrant or ensure the integrity and security of the data stored in its systems, including without limitation your information.
We shall notify any user whose information is suspected of being accessed, disclosed, altered or deleted by an unauthorised person, so that he can take appropriate measure to minimise the adverse effect of such a data security breach (Breach Notification). Such Breach Notification will be given in a reasonable time after we learn of said breach, unless we deem, at our sole discretion, that such Notification might hinder and prevent ongoing efforts to detect the source of the breach.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Breach Notification does NOT constitute an admission by us that the breach occurred as a result of malpractice, failure, bad faith or negligence on our behalf or that the breach even occurred in our systems.
Change of Ownership
In the event of a change of ownership or control of all or part of the Service, including without limitation through acquisition, merger or sale, we reserve the right to sell all or part of the personal information it stores in its systems.
You acknowledge that in the event of bankruptcy, insolvency or receivership, we may have no control over the use and transfer of your personal information.
This Policy may be revised from time to time at our sole discretion. The last revision will be reflected in the "Last modified by" heading above. Please visit this page periodically for updates. Continuing to use the Service continues your acceptance of changes.