Why should I join Floor 8 as a Writer?
Writers join the platform to publish journalistic articles, create top sports content and participate in the debate
1. How do I become a writer for Floor 8?
Just sign-up and start writing! One of our editors will contact you after you submit your first article and offer some direction and tips on how to make your second article even better than your first.
2. Who can write articles on Floor 8?
Anyone can write articles, share pictures and videos, or engage in debate by commenting on articles. If you want to write a preview of the Oscars, commentary on fashion, or a top 10 list of your favorite music trends - this is the place for you. Just click ‘Write an Article’ at the top of the page and start writing.
3. How do I pick a topic?
We have found that these topics often generate the most reads: breaking news, rumors, top 10 lists, controversial topics, analysis, and so on. Having said that, we want you to trust your instinct and write about whatever you think will make a compelling article. In the end it’s totally up to you.
4. What is considered unacceptable on Floor 8?
We welcome good-natured debate and encourage you to express your opinions about the latest pop culture issues, but we do have a few rules to make Floor 8 a great place to write. Some general guidelines are provided below with more information in Terms & Conditions and Privacy
- Floor 8 members should act in a community spirited way. It is unacceptable to behave in an antisocial manner.
- Floor 8 reserves the right to delete or remove articles or comments which are deemed offensive, abusive, threatening, obscene, racist, inflammatory, or otherwise breach the terms & conditions.
- By sharing any contribution you agree to grant Floor 8 permission to use the material in any way Floor 8 deems it fit (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in any media worldwide.
Writer Tips & Guidelines
We will reward top content and articles that really make the mark in terms interesting, timely and high quality content.
1. What are "Featured" articles and how do I get my posts “Featured”?
Our editors look through every article daily to select the top posts and feature them on the Floor 8 homepage, Facebook, as well as our media partner's sites. Write great posts and your articles will reach an audience of millions.
2. What if I already have a blog?
Email email@example.com and include your blog's name, RSS feed, and a brief summary of which teams and leagues you write about and which topics you cover. Submissions are reviewed by our editorial team and if your blog is up to snuff, we'll contact you for further information. Please note that not every submission is accepted, and that we may review and remove your RSS feed at any time.
Feel free to send us any questions or comments you may have. We would love to hear your input!
Floor 8 Editorial staff