Sony is reconsidering Quentin Tarantino’s possible ​Manson film following a slew of allegations against him all of last week.

Tarantino was railed for a variety of reasons recently, leaving the state of his film somewhat in jeopardy. First, Tarantino shared his side of the Kill Bill car crash that left Uma Thurman severely injured. That blew over relatively quickly, but not without Tarantino calling it “one of the biggest regrets of my career, it is one of the biggest regrets of my life.”

After that, Tarantino was back to being defensive following a resurfaced Howard Stern interview where he defended Roman Polanski’s rape of then-13-year-old Samantha Geimer.

He said: “He didn’t rape a 13-year-old. It was statutory rape…he had sex with a minor. That’s not rape. To me, when you use the word rape, you’re talking about violent, throwing them down—it’s like one of the most violent crimes in the world. You can’t throw the word rape around. It’s like throwing the word ‘racist’ around. It doesn’t apply to everything people use it for.” 


He later issued an ​apology, but there’s more backlash where that came from.

Polanski is also slated to be a character in Tarantino’s Manson film as well.

The movie is said to follow a washed-up television actor (Leonardo DiCaprio) who’s trying to break into the movie business. That story then follows the timeline to the murder of Sharon Tate.

The film is set to be released on August 9, 2019, but now it's rumored it could just not happen at all. Showbiz 411 reports Sony is having "second thoughts" on the project, from the combination of the recent headlines and the cost it would take to produce.


We're sure to get more updates soon.