Superhero movies were not always taken as seriously as they are now. They were initially seen as comedy, not really that closely related to the action-packed thrillers we see today. Tim Burton turned that idea around when he filmed his Batman films in the late 1980s and early '90s.
Burton is known for his very dark films and insane creativity. So when it comes to Batman, there are interesting components that not a lot of people know of concerning his films. Here are 15 things you didn’t know about his series.
1. Michelle Pfeiffer Actually Put a Live Bird in Her Mouth For Scene
2. Prince Made a Song Called "Batdance" For the Soundtrack
3. Catwoman's Costume Was So Tight, Pfeiffer Could Only Act For a Short Amount of Time at Once
4. Tim Burton Was Scared of Christopher Walken
5. Jack Nicholson Made Over $50 Million From Playing the Joker
6. The Bat Ears Were Originally Too Tall For the Batmobile
7. Jack Nicholson Would Fall Asleep in the Makeup Chair
8. Fans Were Originally Outraged by Michael Keaton's Casting
9. The Teaser Trailer Was Made Specifically to Calm Fan's Fears
10. Annette Bening Was Originally Cast as Catwoman
11. Tim Curry and David Bowie Were Also Up For the Joker